ON Semiconductor Application Engineer – Cloud Power Conversion (DC/DC) in Taipei City, Taiwan
• Creation and production of design-in tools including evaluation boards, device firmware and technical literature (datasheets, application notes, technical seminars and trade press articles).
• Lead product bench testing and analysis to ensure product performance and functionality meet target requirements.
• Product Definition and design-in support for advanced multiphase power controllers used in cloud applications.
• Provide technical support with all areas of product function and use.
• Participate in customer visits and provide in-depth training to promote new products/investigate new ideas/ solve technical issues.
• BSc, MSc in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or an equivalent professional qualification.
• 5 years’ experience in power electronics design.
• English communication skills, both written and oral are essential.
• Strong individual-based problem solving and debug skills.
• Experience with Simplis, Mathcad , Orcad and Allegro design tools.
• Multiphase VR and Intel SVID experience
• FPGA and software development experience preferred.
• Travel (15%) to meet with global development teams and customers.
• 15% travel needed per year.
Title: Application Engineer – Cloud Power Conversion (DC/DC)
Location: TW-TW-Taipei City
Requisition ID: 1806661
ON Semiconductor is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other federal, state or local protected classes. ON is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of protect class status.