onsemi Sr Product Engineer in Phoenix, Arizona
Sr Product Engineer - ( 2205324 )
onsemi (Nasdaq: ON) is driving disruptive innovations to help build a better future. With a focus on automotive and industrial end-markets, the company is accelerating change in megatrends such as vehicle electrification and safety, sustainable energy grids, industrial automation, and 5G and cloud infrastructure. With a highly differentiated and innovative product portfolio, onsemi creates intelligent power and sensing technologies that solve the world’s most complex challenges and leads the way in creating a safer, cleaner, and smarter world.
The candidate will collaborate with product owners to sustain a varied portfolio within the Integrated Circuits Division, Power Solutions Group. Products may include amplifiers, comparators, gate drivers, logic & EEprom, and Efuses. Candidate will provide key support for product transfers, BOM qualifications, manufacturing documentation, Bill of Materials, process flows, communication with wafer fabrication, assembly & test locations to meet yield targets. Candidate will help manage cost reductions, yield improvements and be a focal point for all customer quality incidents and change notifications.
Example duties include:
• Collaborate and work in a team environment with design, applications, test, marketing, quality, reliability and manufacturing in all aspects of product portfolio management
• Review Temperature Characterization data with Test Engineering and the relevant Cpk (process capability index) data to ensure yield targets are achieved during qualification or transfer
• Submit necessary Agile ECRs/ECOs (Engineering Change Requests/Orders) to setup all necessary part numbers, bill of materials, documents, flows, etc., to prepare all products for update or revision
• Submit PCN (product change notices) and manage customer interactions, including sample preparation and qualification packages
• Work with failure analysis (FA) to determine root cause on any reliability and qualification failures
• Work closely with the global manufacturing facilities to address customer specific product quality, yield and cost reduction issues on mature product
• Opportunity to act as Project Leader for product spins/trim derivatives, and be involved in new product development projects
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related field of study
8 years of relevant experience
Equal Employment Opportunity: onsemi is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. The Company maintains policies and practices that are designed to prevent discrimination or harassment against any qualified applicant or employee to the extent prohibited by federal, state and local laws and regulations. By way of example, discrimination on the basis of race (actual or perceived), ethnicity, color, religion (including any terms or conditions that would require a person to violate or forgo a sincerely held practice of their religion, unless it causes a bona fide undue hardship on the conduct of business), ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information (including test results), status as a protected veteran, uniform service member status or discharge status, political affiliation, union membership, gender identity or gender expression, certain arrest or criminal history records, homelessness, use of lawful products outside of work during nonworking hours, protective order status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law is prohibited.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact US.HR@onsemi.com for assistance.
Please visit https://bit.ly/ApplicantPosters to review your rights as an applicant: EEO is the Law, Employee Polygraph Protection Act, Your Rights Under USERRA, Employee Rights Under the Family Medical Leave Act, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement/Pay Transparency Policy Statement, and Right to Work/E-Verify Poster.
Primary Location : United States-AZ-Phoenix
Job : Engineering
Travel : Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Posting : Oct 4, 2022, 8:35:17 AM
Req ID: 2205324
ON Semiconductor is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other federal, state or local protected classes. ON is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of protect class status.