onsemi Director, Global Industrial Engineering in Phoenix, Arizona
Director, Global Industrial Engineering - ( 2204820 )
onsemi is seeking a Global Director, Industrial Engineering in the Manufacturing Operational Excellence organization. The Manufacturing Operational Excellence team works across multiple onsemi organizations including Fab Operations, Assembly and Test Operations, External Manufacturing Operations, Yield Management Operations, Supply Chain, Procurement, Yield, Business Units and IT to drive system, cost, and productivity improvements.
The Global Director, Industrial Engineering plans and manages all aspects of the Global Industrial Engineering team’s activities. Designs, develops tests, and evaluates integrated systems and tools for managing industrial engineering processes including capacity modeling, cycle time modeling and analysis, quality control, inventory control, logistics and material flow, cost analysis, human work factors and production coordination.
The successful candidate will have deep experience in semiconductor manufacturing operations, semiconductor supply chain, business process transformation and will be accountable for delivering unique and relevant insights that helps our senior leadership through tactical and strategic decisions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead global mid to long-range Industrial Engineering goals and objectives supporting onsemi’s strategic initiatives
• Develop and implement factory capacity modeling structure and supporting tools.
• Develop and implement cycle time modeling structure and supporting tools.
• Develop and apply standards for statistical methods and mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
• Provide input regarding purchases, procedures, product specifications, and capabilities of approved vendor selection.
• Identify Best Practices globally and create continuous improvement teams to enhance and standardize to enhance factory performance.
• Develop and deploy factory load balancing strategies, processes and tools.
• A BS /MS in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Systems, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field. Will consider equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 12 years of experience in manufacturing field, preferably in semiconductor manufacturing.
• Minimum 3 years of supervisory/management experience.
• Extensive knowledge and experiences of manufacturing, operations, supply chain system in semiconductor industry.
• Advanced data analytical skills across multiple platforms and environments.
• Strong communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively across functional boundaries and with upper management.
• Ability to build and sustain strong relationships with peers during difficult and stressful situations, and able to negotiate and drive solutions.
• Team Player. Must be able to work effectively across functional and cultural boundaries.
• “Out of the box” thinking is a critical requirement Preferred Skills and Qualifications.
• Experience working with semiconductor factory simulation software (i.e. AutoSched AP, AUTOMOD…), semiconductor factory dispatching system (example: RTD…), and semiconductor standard MES (PROMIS, CAMSTAR, SiView…) highly preferred.
• Experience with SQL, Python, Java, Tableau, Qlikview, FabTime and similar industry standard tools highly preferred.
onsemi (Nasdaq: ON) is driving disruptive innovations to help build a better future. With a continued focus on the automotive and industrial end-markets, onsemi is accelerating change and driving disruptive innovation towards a sustainable ecosystem in high-growth megatrends such as vehicle electrification, advanced safety, alternative energy and factory automation. With a highly differentiated and innovative product portfolio, onsemi creates intelligent power and sensing technologies that solve the world’s most complex challenges and leads the way in creating a safer, cleaner, and smarter world. Today, the industrial and automotive end-markets are responsible for two-thirds of global greenhouse gas emissions, providing an immense opportunity for onsemi to do its part in achieving a net-zero economy with its intelligent power and sensing technologies. Climate change presents not only a risk to the environment, but also opportunities for innovative business solutions, and onsemi is committed to applying its research and design expertise and adapting its own operations to achieve net-zero emissions by 2040.
Equal Employment Opportunity: onsemi is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. The Company maintains policies and practices that are designed to prevent discrimination or harassment against any qualified applicant or employee to the extent prohibited by federal, state and local laws and regulations. By way of example, discrimination on the basis of race (actual or perceived), ethnicity, color, religion (including any terms or conditions that would require a person to violate or forgo a sincerely held practice of their religion, unless it causes a bona fide undue hardship on the conduct of business), ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information (including test results), status as a protected veteran, uniform service member status or discharge status, political affiliation, union membership, gender identity or gender expression, certain arrest or criminal history records, homelessness, use of lawful products outside of work during nonworking hours, protective order status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law is prohibited.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact US.HR@onsemi.com for assistance.
Please visit https://bit.ly/ApplicantPosters to review your rights as an applicant: EEO is the Law, Employee Polygraph Protection Act, Your Rights Under USERRA, Employee Rights Under the Family Medical Leave Act, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement/Pay Transparency Policy Statement, and Right to Work/E-Verify Poster.
Primary Location : United States-AZ-Phoenix
Job : Engineering
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting : Sep 30, 2022, 9:48:33 AM
Req ID: 2204820
ON Semiconductor is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other federal, state or local protected classes. ON is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of protect class status.