ON Semiconductor Process Integration/Technology Development Engineer in Gresham, Oregon
Process Integration/Technology Development Engineer defines, develops and implements silicon process technology for the manufacture of integrated silicon devices. The successful candidate will be responsible for design rule definition, device architecture, process flow implementation, process module development, electrical characterization, and technology qualification for new silicon technology developments and transfers of existing silicon technologies in and out of the resident fab.
• Define device architecture, technology design rules and electrical target specifications.
• Process and Device TCAD to achieve device targets and reliability requirements.
• Translate product circuit performance requirements to semiconductor device requirements.
• Create technology process flows with process specifications.
• Process module development and characterization.
• Design test structures for process integration and process module development.
• Design statistical experiments and analyze results to optimize device architecture and/or process modules.
• Coordinate process unit and process module development.
• Drive process and device optimization.
• Facilitate process improvements and/or fixes for problems of poor reliability or low yield.
• Support Process Engineering and Yield Engineering groups to improve process quality and yield of technologies released to manufacturing.
• MS/PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering or related technical field.
• Solid understanding of semiconductor device physics including CMOS, DMOS and Bipolar devices.
• Background in semiconductor process technology and wafer fabrication.
• Knowledge of one or more of the following engineering disciplines: Process Integration, Design, Modeling, and/or Process Engineering.
• Hands on knowledge of process and device TCAD simulations.
• Ability to utilize DOE and statistical analysis.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must be an effective team player.
• Proven problem solving ability.
Foreign language skills - (Japanese is the most desirable; Dutch, French, Korean, or Czech are also useful).
Experience with 180, 130, 110, or 90 nm.
Experience with design and evaluation of physical and electrical design rule test structures.
Knowledge of one or more of the following technologies: Silicon on Insulator (SOI), High Voltage DMOS, CMOS Image Sensors (CIS), EEPROM, Non-Volatile Memory (NVM), Dual Damascene copper integration.
Knowledge of one or more Wafer Level Reliability (WLR) and Intrinsic Reliability testing methodology, such as gate oxide integrity (GOI), VRamp, time dependent dielectric breakdown (TDDB), hot carrier injection (HCI), electromigration (EM), stress migration (SM).
ON Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ON) is driving energy efficient innovations, empowering customers to reduce global energy use. The company is a leading supplier of semiconductor-based solutions, offering a comprehensive portfolio of energy efficient power management, analog, sensors, logic, timing, connectivity, discrete, SoC and custom devices. The company’s products help engineers solve their unique design challenges in automotive, communications, computing, consumer, industrial, medical, aerospace and defense applications . ON Semiconductor operates a responsive, reliable, world-class supply chain and quality program, a robust compliance and ethics program, and a network of manufacturing facilities, sales offices and design centers in key markets throughout North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific regions. For more information, visit http://www.onsemi.com at http://www.onsemi.com/ .
Title: Process Integration/Technology Development Engineer
Requisition ID: 1805691
ON Semiconductor is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other federal, state or local protected classes. ON is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of protect class status.